KADOKAWA and P.A.WORKS have unveiled a new teaser visual for their original anime series “Appare-Ranman!. The show will be produced by Takeshi Kikuchi (Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai) and Daijou Kudou (Bungou Stray Dogs). Masakazu Hashimoto (Tari Tari, HaruChika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun suru) is directing and APPERRACING is credited with the original story. Hashimoto is also in charge of series composition and also credited with the original story drafts.
During the back-end of the 19th century, the genius but socially awkward engineer Sorano Appare and the wise yet cowardly samurai Isshiki Kosame find themselves drifting in the sea between Japan and America. With no money, the duo decides to enter the Trans-America Wild Race to win the prize money so they can get home. The two encounter rivals, bandits, and challenges in the wilderness as they race through America, from the starting line in Los Angeles to the finish line in New York, in the steam-powered car they built.
Appare-Ranman! anime series release is set for 2020.
- Original: APPERRACING
- Planning: Takeshi Kikuchi, Daijou Kudou
- Original Character Design: Ahndongshik (Renjou Desperado manga author)
- Story Draft, Director, Series Composition: Masakazu Hashimoto
- Chief Animation Director, Character Design: Yurie Ootou (Charlotte)
- Mechanical Design: Shiho Takeuchi (RahXephon mechanical animation director)
- Art Director: Miho Sugiura (Buddy Complex)
- Director of Photography: Satoshi Namiki (Uma Musume: Pretty Derby)
- Color Key Artist: Naomi Nakano (Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara color design)
- 3D Director: Motonari Ichikawa (Fairy Gone)
- Editor: Ayumu Takahashi (Sirius)
- Sound Director: Satoki Iida (Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World – The Animated Series)
- Music: Evan Call (Violet Evergarden)
- Music Production: Lantis
- Studio: P.A. Works