2019 saw the release of some amazing anime series from like Dororo, Demon Slayer, Vinland Saga, Dr.Stone, Promised Neverland and That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime. Now Culture Convenience Club has revealed the Top 10 most-watched anime series of 2019 in partnership with Nikkei Entertainment monthly magazine.
According to the report, the most prominent anime show of 2019 was Kinema Citrus’s television anime series adaptation of Aneko Yusagi’s The Rising of The Shield Hero light novel series. JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind came 2nd on the list and Demon Slayer was the 3rd most-watched anime. The biggest surprise is that popular anime such as One Punch-Man, Attack On Titan, and The Promised Neverland didn’t make the top 10.
The research was conducted on the watching rate of Japanese TV viewers in the Kanto Area (Gunma, Tochigi, Ibaraki, Saitama, Tokyo, Chiba, and Kanagawa) between January 1 and October 28, 2019.
Top 10 most-watched anime series of 2019.
- “The Rising of the Shield Hero” (January-June 2019/25 episodes
- “JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind” (October 2018-July 2019/39 episodes)
- “Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba” (April-September 2019/26 episodes)
- “That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime” (October 2018-March 2019/25 episodes)
- “Dr. STONE” (July 2019-present)
- “Wise Man’s Grandchild” (April-June 2019/12 episodes)
- “Dororo” (Januaru June 2019/24 episodes)
- “Karakuro Circus” (October 2018-June 2019/36 episodes)
- “Demon Lord, Retry!” (July-September 2019/12 episodes)
- “Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II” (July-September 2019/12 episodes)
The Rising of The Shield Hero anime series first season aired on January 9 for 25 episodes. Kinema Citrus produced the show’s animation and Takao Abo (Norn9) served the director. Keigo Koyanagi composed the anime series and Masahiro Suwa designed the characters based on Seira Minami’s original character designs. Crunchyroll co-produced the show with Kadokawa. It was announced back in September that The Rising of The Shield Hero light novel will receive a second season.
Yusagi originally published The Rising of the Shield Hero “Tate no Yūsha no Nariagari” light novel as a web novel in Shōsetsuka ni Narō novel site, before being adapted into a manga series by Aiya Kyū at Media Factory with illustrations by Seira Minami.